Memory Care Center - Key Principles and Goals
- Enabling those with dementia to live as normal lives as possible.
- Providing continuity with the Resident’s former life, prior to memory loss, by learning as much as we can from their family and friends.
- Caring for the Resident without the confinement traditionally used in memory care, giving them a sense of freedom.
- Stimulating the Resident’s mind, body, and spirit.
- Striving to help the Resident thrive, even as his or her dementia progresses.
- Treating the Resident with respect and dignity—always.
- Providing moments of joy, even if the Resident remembers them only for a brief time.
- Ensuring families do not fear or dread placing their loved ones into memory care.
Our Development Plan
- Establish a BRAIN INSTITUTE that will focus on education to promote brain health.
- Develop an INNOVATIVE PROGRAMMING MODEL that focuses on remaining abilities.
- Establish an ASSESSMENT CENTER for earlier diagnosis and treatment plans, developed in partnership with a prominent academic medical center.
- Establish a CAREGIVER SUPPORT AND RESOURCE CENTER that will offer family members a location to be supported by peers and professional staff.
- Through research, ACCELERATE PROGRESS IN DEVELOPING INNOVATIVE APPROACHES towards improved care.
- Establish a SPECIALIZED TEAM MEMBER TRAINING CENTER offering ongoing hands-on mentoring for all levels of staff.